[Nsi-wg] rfc8453

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Wed Jul 3 08:01:14 EDT 2019

Diego was a reviewer for the Integrated Services Framework document we
did in GEANT last year.  He made some good suggestions.   That ISF
document referenced NSI as a key foundational technology in several areas.

Also, NSI was referenced in the 5G PPP Architecture released by the EC
about 18 months ago.   It recommended NSI - but lamented that it did not
do full virtualization.   This could be easily solved if we extend NSI
to reflect the broader Service Definitions of the generic virtualization
model being refined by the GNA team.   The GVM is in fact just an
extension of NSI...

The best thing we need to do is to have NSI running in our production
R&E networks - _/all of them./_ Properly engineered.  (Including the
Open exchange points, regionals, campuses, etc. )  And make it
available,  and promote it for new applications.    We have it running
now, so this is not a hard or difficult thing...   This will establish
NSI as the defacto multi-domain atomic provisioning model for p2p circuits.

BR

Jerry