[Nsi-wg] NSI tutorial in january

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Tue Sep 11 10:33:18 EDT 2012

Hi all-

I want to propose a "hands on" NSI v2 tutorial for the Techs In Paradise
(TIP) 2013 meeting in Honolulu in mid January.

I want to present NSI overall as the primary focus of the tutorial (not
just v2 features.).   Of course this will include the framework, the
protocol, some internals, tools, scripting, topology development, etc.
We will use v2 as the base for exercises - v2 should be fairly well
developed by then.    I want to utilize the AutomatedGOLE Facility for
the exercises.  I would also expect this will include some NML material
as well.  As TIP will be attended primarily by network engineers, I will
focus the tutorial primarily towards service engineering and deployment
issues.

This tutorial will incur a fair amount of organization and prep work
(class sizes, program planning, exercise development and testing, etc) I
would like to hear of anyone who would be interested in helping to
develop and/or present this tutorial.  But I don't think it will be a
lot of work at the venue - we already have done some of these in smaller
settings.   I expect the tutorial to be at least 4 hours (half day) -
perhaps a full day (6 hours) if we think we can not overwhelm attendees.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping present such a
tutorial or if you have ideas/suggestions for how we should frame it -
and would be willing to sacrifice a day in Hawaii to teach folks about
NSI:-)  We have only a short time to get the proposal in, so let me know
asap.

Thanks