[Nsi-wg] Query types

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Fri May 18 14:25:23 EDT 2012

Hmmm...maybe I don't understand what was being described...

I would think that an NSA would keep a connection state for each
reservation request it received from an RA ( "parent" reservations), and
each child they spawned as a result (including a local segment as a
child).     So each NSA maintains state only for requests in which it is
directly involved as PA or RA.   Any state associated with grand
children or grandparents is superfluous and (IMO) unnecessary.    And
siblings are only known by the common parent - siblings do not know of
each other.

As for John's nomenclature- I thought that was just a description of how
the results of a recursive detailed Query were rolled up recursively and
passed up the tree in a comprehensive result.

???