[Nsi-wg] Query types

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Fri May 18 09:53:44 EDT 2012

Second reply to this one :-)

On Fri, 18 May 2012, John MacAuley wrote:

> Forgot to answer this question.  Yes they could if we are now including the local information.  The
> question is does each NSA put in its full connection map, then let the child NSA do the same thing
> which will result in duplicate information?  For example:
> Parent populates:
>
> {ConnectionId=A1, Provisioned {connectionId=B1, Provisioned}, {connectionId=C1, Provisioned }}
>
> Then the children populate:
> {ConnectionId=B1, Provisioned {connectionId=B2, Provisioned}, {connectionId=B3, Provisioned }}
> {ConnectionId=C1, Provisioned {connectionId=C2, Provisioned}, {connectionId=C3, Provisioned }}

I (OpenNSA) doesn't keep track of the state for sub connections. This may
sound counter-intuitive, but trying to keep track of that is actually a
bloody mess (I did that initially).

One only needs to track the reply from the last request and then update
the connection state accordingly. If you have seperate state machines
(aggregator and ultmate provider) the concept of keeping track of
subconnection states falls to the ground immediately.

I _really_ don't think we should have the state of sub connections. In
fact, I cannot see how our protocol can support this.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet