[Nsi-wg] STP

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Wed Jan 4 07:13:41 EST 2012

Hi,

> I am very much against assigning semantics to parts of STP identifiers.

I don't follow the discussion as closely as Jeroen, but I must agree
with him here.

That is not to say that I dislike the idea of a compact notation that
represents a group of labels (such as a group of VLANs). In fact, I
think it is a splendid idea.

However, I would recommend to create 1 (one) identifier for this thing,
where "this thing" is a resource that specifies a group of labels at a
given port. So for example, identifier
urn:ogf:network:example.net:2012:su8cnkhfjkshfew8n with type=STP-group
and attributes label-type=VLAN and label-range="{1-42,58-63}" or
something along these lines. The advantage is that it is possible to
later add a VLAN to this group without changing the identifier.

Regards,
Freek