[Nsi-wg] STP

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Wed Jan 4 06:52:39 EST 2012

Hello,

I am very much against assigning semantics to parts of STP identifiers. An STP identifier is an opaque string that uniquely identifies an object in a network topology. Full stop.

We have defined that there is a prefix to ensure global uniqueness, the local part is up to the network itself. This local part is completely opaque and should not be parsed, interpreted, or changed by any party.

Jeroen.