[Nsi-wg] Reservation request message

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Fri Mar 25 21:42:25 CDT 2011

Hey John-

I have a few concerns about this sample Reservation Request:

- I chg'd security attributes to <sessionSecutiyAttrib>  as I believe
there are two levels of authorization: First, the RA NSA must be
authenticated and authorized to even talk to the PA NSA.   Second, the
service request itself must be authorized by the network(s) along the
path.   So I also added an authorization element to the service parameters

- I added a "serviceDefinition" field in the reservation request.
While this could be omitted, I think its useful to explicitly state the
service you are expecting...and it could help the pathfinder construct a
candidate path.

- I put all schedule inside the service parameters - these are
constraints on the service...not something independent of the service.

- Changed the STP names:  I added a "NORDUnet" network name and a simple
"foo" local part just to make sure the request functions with these
legal names.

- I removed the path object from the source and dest STPs - This is
arguable, but I felt this was more consistent with the other service
parameters.   I don't think we have a justification anymore for a
PathObject with intermediate STPs...such a thing is just a Tree style
segmentation.  But if folks want to keep this PO with the src and dst, I
don't have a big deal with it.

I am almost of a mind to suggest we define all service parameters like
you did the security attributes:
<attribute>
<attributeName> NameThing </attributeName>
<attributeValue> abcd </attributeValue>
</attribute>
This would make the service definition XSD easier I think.

Let me know what you think.
Jerry