[Nsi-wg] Reservation request message

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed Mar 23 22:33:57 CDT 2011

Thank you for the comments.  I have added comments below.

On 2011-03-23, at 10:49 PM, Atsuko Takefusa wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have several comments on the current schema as below.
> Thanks,
>
> Atsuko (AIST, G-lambda)
>
> --
>
> * CommonParametersGroup
> - transactionId
> Who determines transactionId? It should be minOccurs=”0” if providers do.

The agreement was that the requester must provide the value.

> * ReservationGroup
> - connectionId
> As above, it should be minOccurs=”0” if provider does.

Likewise the requester must provide the value.

> * ScheduleType
> - startType
> Does the first release support immediate reservation? If support,
> startType shold be minOccurs=”0” or a new parameter should be defined.

The agreement was to remove the immediate type and just set the start time to the time of the request.

> - duration
> xsd:long is better than xsd:integer.
> In addition, it’s unit is not explicitly defined in the schema.
> In the G-lambda’s schema, we define duration as follows:
> <xsd:complexType name="Duration_Type">
>    <xsd:sequence>
>        <xsd:element ref="rdl:DurationValue"/>
>        <xsd:element ref="rdl:TimeUnit"/>
>    </xsd:sequence>
> </xsd:complexType>
>    <xsd:element name="DurationValue" type="xsd:long"/>
>    <xsd:simpleType name="TimeUnit_Type">
>        <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
>            <xsd:enumeration value="MILLISECOND"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="SECOND"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="MINUTE"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="HOUR"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="DAY"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="WEEK"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="MONTH"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="YEAR"/>
>        </xsd:restriction>
>    </xsd:simpleType>

I was actually thinking of changing this to the "xsd:duration" type which provides a standard way of describing duration.

> * BandwidthType
> It’s unit is not explicitly defined in the schema.
> The G-lambda’s schema defines as follows:
>    <xsd:complexType name="GeneralBW_Type">
>        <xsd:sequence>
>            <xsd:element ref="ndl:Rate" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" />
>            <xsd:element ref="ndl:BWUnit" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" />
>        </xsd:sequence>
>    </xsd:complexType>
>    <xsd:element name="Rate" type="xsd:int"/>
>    <xsd:simpleType name="BWUnit_Type">
>        <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
>            <xsd:enumeration value="Pbps"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="Tbps"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="Gbps"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="Mbps"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="kbps"/>
>            <xsd:enumeration value="bps"/>
>            </xsd:enumeration>
>        </xsd:restriction>
>    </xsd:simpleType>

I put it in the comment that it must be Mbps.  Do we really need the distinction?  Anyone really want to specify less that Mbps?  I have no issue adding it if people agree.

> * OrderedServiceTerminationPointType
> - order
> <xsd:attribute name="order" type="xsd:integer"/> should be removed.
> Because each array order is ensured in SOAP messages and we (provider
> and aggregator) have to renumber if STPs are inserted or removed.

Very interesting.  I will need to check into that.  I was not sure if a sequence was maintained in order during conversion from XML to Java.

> * namespace
> I think that namespace is generally defined in OGF schemas as follows:
> namespace="http://schemas.ogf.org/nsi/2011/03/connection"
> ("http://www.ogf.org/schema/nsi/connection/v1_0/types")
> E.g.,
> JSDL : "http://schemas.ggf.org/jsdl/2005/11/jsdl"
> GLUE : "http://schemas.ogf.org/glue/2008/05/spec_2.0_d42_r01"

Yes, I still have an action item to get a namespace allocated.