[Nsi-wg] Reservation request message

Atsuko Takefusa takefusa at acm.org
Wed Mar 23 21:49:30 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I have several comments on the current schema as below.
Thanks,

Atsuko (AIST, G-lambda)

--

* CommonParametersGroup
- transactionId

* ReservationGroup
- connectionId
As above, it should be minOccurs=”0” if provider does.

* ScheduleType
- startType
Does the first release support immediate reservation? If support,
startType shold be minOccurs=”0” or a new parameter should be defined.

- duration
xsd:long is better than xsd:integer.
In addition, it’s unit is not explicitly defined in the schema.
In the G-lambda’s schema, we define duration as follows:
<xsd:complexType name="Duration_Type">
    <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element ref="rdl:DurationValue"/>
        <xsd:element ref="rdl:TimeUnit"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
    <xsd:element name="DurationValue" type="xsd:long"/>
    <xsd:simpleType name="TimeUnit_Type">
        <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
            <xsd:enumeration value="MILLISECOND"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="SECOND"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="MINUTE"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="HOUR"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="DAY"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="WEEK"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="MONTH"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="YEAR"/>
        </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleType>

* BandwidthType
It’s unit is not explicitly defined in the schema.
The G-lambda’s schema defines as follows:
    <xsd:complexType name="GeneralBW_Type">
        <xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:element ref="ndl:Rate" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" />
            <xsd:element ref="ndl:BWUnit" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" />
        </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
    <xsd:element name="Rate" type="xsd:int"/>
    <xsd:simpleType name="BWUnit_Type">
        <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
            <xsd:enumeration value="Pbps"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Tbps"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Gbps"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Mbps"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="kbps"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="bps"/>
            </xsd:enumeration>
        </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleType>

* OrderedServiceTerminationPointType
- order
<xsd:attribute name="order" type="xsd:integer"/> should be removed.
Because each array order is ensured in SOAP messages and we (provider
and aggregator) have to renumber if STPs are inserted or removed.

* namespace
I think that namespace is generally defined in OGF schemas as follows:
namespace="http://schemas.ogf.org/nsi/2011/03/connection"
("http://www.ogf.org/schema/nsi/connection/v1_0/types")
E.g.,
JSDL : "http://schemas.ggf.org/jsdl/2005/11/jsdl"
GLUE : "http://schemas.ogf.org/glue/2008/05/spec_2.0_d42_r01"

2011/3/24 John MacAuley <john.macauley at surfnet.nl>:
> Peoples,
>
> I have attached an XML file that contains an example reservation request message. Ignore the namespace information and the schemaLocation statement as these would not be included within the SOAP message.
>
> John.

Atsuko Takefusa
Information Technology Research Institute, AIST