[Nsi-wg] advanced reservation

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Wed Apr 21 16:30:09 CDT 2010

Hey John -

we touched on this in the call today, but I willr espond here as well...

If the provisioning overuns the estimated GB and does not complete until
after the requested In Service start time, then this should throw an
error...but it does *NOT* automatically mean the request or the
conenction should be rejected and torn down.   IMO, if the user doesn't
want it anymore, they should send a Cancel msg down the tree.   IF its
ok despite the overrun, they can ignore the Error.

Its not clear to me if the conenction should remain in an errored state
after notification.  Or if the user must reply to the notification
somehow.   This is something maybe Inder can elaborate on in his error doc.

Jerry