[Nsi-wg] advanced reservation

Tomohiro Kudoh t.kudoh at aist.go.jp
Wed Apr 21 09:29:02 CDT 2010

Hi Guy,

So, to support that, what about the followings?

We will have "reserve" operation only. (advance and immediate are not
separate operations.) Reserve operation will include the following
parameters.

EXPLICIT_SIGNALING(boolean): a flag to indicate signaling message will
be used. If this flag is "false", automatic provisioning will be used.

STRICT_START_TIME(boolean): a flag to indicate whether start time later
than specified is allowed. If "true", if provider NSAs can not provision
resources at the specified START_TIME, they deny the request. If "false",
provider NSAs will provision resources ASAP (after the START_TIME), if
they cannot provision resources on time.

START_TIME(value): Value zero can be used in combination with "false"
STRICT_START_TIME. In this case, ASAP provisioning is requested.

END_TIME(value) or DURATION(value): If END_TIME is used, the provisioning
terminates at this time. If DURATION is used, the provisioning
termination time is calculated by adding this time to the actual
provisioning time.

BTW, I think it is not "advanced reservation" but "advance reservation".

Tomohiro