[Nsi-wg] revised slides/ call notes

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Wed Nov 11 10:25:24 CST 2009

At our call today were Guy, Chin, Tomohiro, Jerry, Joan, Inder and my
self.

1) we discussed the model of what we are now calling a NS Actor/
Component.   We defined the components of this as

NSI -- Network Service Interface
Provider agent - provider side of NSI
Requestor agent - requestor side of NSI

NS Actor - set of actors that perform act as a whole.  Includes one or
more NS agents/ 0 or 1 provider agents, 0 to N requestor agents
Actor may be renamed Component -- to be discussed in future

We agreed on these names based on Joan's description of web services
definitions.  Joan will provide a writeup and pointer(s) to this for
the doc.

Attached is a modified ppt that includes these names as I understand
them.  This is based on a version I got from Joan and modified a bit
more.  Comments and corrections please.