[Nml-wg] Schema changes

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Thu Jun 4 04:02:07 CDT 2009

I vote blank. I'm fine either way, as long as it is clear to everyone
what we are doing. However, I do have one remark below regarding option A.

Jeff W.Boote wrote:
> If we don't put the right 'building blocks' in from the beginning, I
> think we are in danger of not having the seamless upgrade path Chin
> mentioned. So it is important to me that we get the model for how
> different layers/technologies relate to each other. But, of course we
> are not defining those layers.

As far as I've seen from the models that were presented at the NML
meetings, the way you describe adaptation/services very much determines
the way you describe layers.Once you have defined adaptations, then the
definition of layers should follow naturally.

To follow the 'building blocks' analogy: once you have determined the
form of the blocks, then defining layers is just putting them together
in the right way. And the form of the blocks very much determines how
you are going to do that.

Jeroen.