[Nml-wg] Schema changes

Martin Swany swany at cis.udel.edu
Thu Jun 4 11:36:45 CDT 2009

Jeroen,

> As far as I've seen from the models that were presented at the NML
> meetings, the way you describe adaptation/services very much
> determines
> the way you describe layers.Once you have defined adaptations, then
> the
> definition of layers should follow naturally.
>
> To follow the 'building blocks' analogy: once you have determined the
> form of the blocks, then defining layers is just putting them together
> in the right way. And the form of the blocks very much determines how
> you are going to do that.

I very much agree with this and I think that it underlies part of
our differing views on the delineation between deliverables
2 and 3.

UNIS was always multi-layer and we took advantage of the
namespacing technique from the NM-WG measurement stuff
to accomplish that.  I think that's why I see the support for the
multi-layering as being present in the base, with the details of
the layers themselves being in deliverable 3.

martin