[Nml-wg] Schema changes

Chin Guok chin at es.net
Wed Jun 3 12:13:07 CDT 2009

IMHO, I don't have a problem with meeting the requirements of the charter
and standardizing a single layer schema.  As John pointed out, the NSI is
highly dependent on the NML to develop a schema that will work for us.  As
it stands right now, the adaptation functions will be an extension to the
single layer schema which I'm perfectly fine with.  It would be a big
concern if adding the adaptation will cause a complete rework of the
schema, which would result in the depreciation of the single layer schema,
and void the implementation by some early adopters of the schema (i.e. IDC).

- Chin

--On June 3, 2009 1:06:03 PM -0400 John Vollbrecht <jrv at internet2.edu>