[Nml-wg] Schema changes

Martin Swany swany at cis.udel.edu
Wed Jun 3 17:42:04 CDT 2009

Jeroen, All,

> Sorry to sound like a broken record, but multi-layer topology
> descriptions were never the aim of the first schema document.

I'm not sure that I agree with this.

> And we have in our charter that we will provide that schema as a
> deliverable, with a followup multi-layer schema deliverable. I'm not
> completely sure about the formal process of rechartering, but that's
> what we'd have to do then.

My read of the charter is that the "base" schema doesn't have
specific parameters for e.g. SONET, Ethernet, etc and that those
are to be defined later.  But I think that the "base" schema should
have the scaffolding to relate various layers.   I don't think that is
goes against the charter in word or intent.  I also think it makes
it more valuable.

best,
martin