[Nml-wg] Conf call (July 30) meeting notes

Paola Grosso p.grosso at uva.nl
Thu Jul 30 10:23:00 CDT 2009

Dear all

Below you find the meeting notes from today phone conference.
Next phone conference is in two weeks:

Thursday. August 13.
Same time (10:00 AM, US/Eastern Duration: 1:00)
Same phone number.
Discussion will center on the text version of the schema document that
Martin will post to the mailing list.

If you have corrections on the notes below just email them as follow-up
to this email.

Best regards, Paola

******* Meeting notes for NML-WG phone conference 31 July 2009 ****

Present:
========
Gigi, Jason, Paola, Guy, Martin, Freek, Ramon.

Agenda:
======

oooo Text version schema document (Martin)

Martin is still in the process of writing the text document describing
the schema based on the latest discussion. He is basing it on a simpler
schema compared to the Version 5 right now in the repository.

Martin points out some schema 'elements' will need more discussion. For
example the 'locatedAt', 'to' and 'from' properties in version 5. These
are needed by NDL/RDF but not by UNIS.

Martin will upload the new document into GridForge and we will discuss
this during next phone conference. As there are some problems with SVN,
we agreed documents should always be
posted to the mailing list also. And not only on GridForge.

oooo

We will discuss G.800 and usecases for NSI with John in a next call when
he is present. Guy points out the goal would be to  map G.800 concepts
to the NML schema.

oooo

Freek presents the usecase for a cross-connect at single layer. He is
working on more examples.

Point of attentions:

- Martin points out that the 'hasPort' and 'hasService' relations are
probably not necessary, because they are the only relations between a
node and a port, or a node and a SwitchingMatrixService. (This is the
same issue as with 'locatedAt',  'to/from')

- Transitivity of relation, such as if a device is at one Location, all
its Ports are at the same location. Should transitivity specified in the
model or implicit?

- Layer relations. How do we specify the relations between elements in
different layers?

- Adaptation function. Guys asks some more information on this. Freek
will write a usecase for this. Are adaptation and de-adaptation just two
types of 'adaptation'? If adaptation and de-adaptation are just about
adding and removing a header are these not just sink and source?

We agreed Martin will pick on all this issues and clearly mark them out
in the schema text for further discussion.

oooo

Freek has been approached by ?? from the TM forum. Guy/DANTE is in the
process of becoming member of TMF. Guy might be able to look up at their
relevant standards in the future and brief us on them.

oooo

Deliverable #1. Paola says it should be sent to the area directors. They
will send it to for public comment. Freek and Martin will take care of this.

ooooo

Freek will follow up on the delegation of urn:ogf by sending email to
OGF public (did I get this right? I was distracted)