[Nmc-wg] Result codes in MDM RRD MA and LS - action from last conf call

Piotr Pikusa pikusa at man.poznan.pl
Tue May 11 09:26:45 CDT 2010

Hi Jason!

Jason Zurawski wrote:
> RRDMA:
>
>   - Are these only for the perfSONAR layer, or do these cover other
> exceptions that may come up from tomcat/axis/exist?

Those result codes, which were sent present only perfSONAR layer. If
some exception comes from eXist it is covered by perfSONAR code. However
presented list doesn't cover tomcat and axis errors if they appear
besides the perfSONAR code and cannot be catch by it.

>   - I only see one that uses the 'error.' format:
> "error.common.storage.xmldb.open".  Are these all 'error's or are some
> of them 'success' too?

Success is only responded by echo request and has a url format. When
other requests are completed successfully just a proper message with
requested data is sent without any success code and I suppose it is
compatible with nmc-wg standard for MA services.
>   - There is a lot of reuse of 'query_exception'. In the new model would
> that still be the case or would there be more specific new error codes used?

Does not it come out from new results code - the clienterror and
servererror part in the tree?

Regards
Piotr Pikusa