[Nmc-wg] Result codes in MDM RRD MA and LS - action from last conf call

Jason Zurawski zurawski at internet2.edu
Tue May 11 07:45:06 CDT 2010

Hi Roman/All;

I have added these, and the pSPS result codes that Aaron prepared to the
wiki for the call on Thursday.  Some comments on yours:

RRDMA:

  - Are these only for the perfSONAR layer, or do these cover other
exceptions that may come up from tomcat/axis/exist?

  - I only see one that uses the 'error.' format:
"error.common.storage.xmldb.open".  Are these all 'error's or are some
of them 'success' too?

  - There is a lot of reuse of 'query_exception'. In the new model would
that still be the case or would there be more specific new error codes used?

LS:

  - I see more use of 'success.' and 'error.' here, which is very
different than in the RRDMA.

  - The LS messages are also very specific compared with the RRDMA.
Will some of the LS operations be generalized when the new format is
adopted, or will they continue to be very specific?

Thanks;

-jason