[nm-wg] traceroute transfer/storage specification

Dan Gunter dkgunter at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 1 17:04:28 CDT 2005

Also, Matt, it might be helpful to look at Martin's overview slides.

http://nmwg.internet2.edu/meetings/ggf14/ggf14-1-swany.ppt

One idea for going forward, then I'll retreat back to my cave. The NM-WG
version-2 [current] schemata are mostly a framework for separating data
and metadata. This idea, IMHO, would enhance the IPPM proposal while
requiring very little change to the proposed schema. This common
framework would, then, give some minimal level of common ground for
implementations that want to support both IPPM and NMWG versions of
traceroute. Since the NMWG schemata already have open-source
implementations, this would be an advantage for the IPPM effort.

-Dan