[jsdl-wg] Regarding Data Staging Elements in JSDL

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at udo.edu
Thu Apr 12 06:39:25 CDT 2007

Gargi,

Gargi B Dasgupta schrieb:
> Thanks for both the responses.  So if I have a atomic job, I could use
> the JSDL staging elements.
> For a workflow, I have the choice of doing it at either place.

FYI: you are not alone ;) We tackle the same problem for a german Grid
project (http://www.c3grid.de), but haven't decided yet.

> Is the JSDL-wg also looking at data requirements of jobs for other than
> file type data.
> For ex. is there scope of representing a database connection required by
> a job in JSDL.

I wouldn't see this too much in the responsibility of JSDL, but cover
this by encoding different types of data sources by using distinct URLS.
This is rather clumsy and not what I'd call human-readable, but works
for a sufficient number of use cases.

Regards,
--
Dipl.-Inform. Alexander Papaspyrou  |  44221 Dortmund, NRW (Germany)
Robotics Research Institute         |  phone  : +49(231)755-5058