[jsdl-wg] Re: Copy/Paste bug in JSDL spec

Gregory Newby newby at arsc.edu
Mon Mar 27 02:38:10 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 05:10:01PM +0900, Andreas Savva wrote:
> Hi Michel
>
> > list for HTTP/1.1)? Or do the WG have to do that themselves? What if
> > WG have dissolved, and errata are discovered afterwards?
>
> On the point of a WG dissolving itself let me add (so that Greg can
> correct me if I'm wrong) that my understanding is that those listed on
> the front page of a document (authors/editors) are committing to
> maintaining it regardless of what happens to the WG.
>
> Thanks.
> Andreas

Yes, precisely.  That's why I urge just a few authors/editor folks
on the cover page.  For large groups, the suggestion is to just list
one to three "Editors," then have a "Contributor" or "Author"
section that lists everyone else.

In that section, it's appropriate to include little notes about who
was really helpful, and even subdivide different types of credits.
So, people who just commented on a few paragraphs, or contributed a
table, don't necessarily get the same description in the Contributor
section.

Note that this practice is essentially the same as IETF, though
as usual we're more flexible about things than they are :)
Once the GGF has a few hundred documents, we'll probably start
enforcing tighter standards, too.

Best,
  -- Greg