[jsdl-wg] JSDL specification and schema snapshots (draft 19)

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Fri May 27 02:53:10 CDT 2005

Andreas Savva wrote:
> I have uploaded a new snapshot of the JSDL specification and schemas to
> gridforge. There are too many changes to mention. (Some were the result
> of side-discussions in parallel with the OGSA f2f. Thanks Chris, Darren,
> Donal, Michel and Steve.)
>
> The MS word file is change tracked. The pdf file is 'clean' and is
> intended for submission to meet the GGF14 deadline.
>
> We'll be moving to clean up and hopefully submit to the GGF Editor over
> the next 1-2 weeks.

Cool. Now it's nit-pick time. :^)

   The formatting of the bulleted list in 3.2 is inconsistent with the
      formatting of bulleted lists elsewhere in the document.

   Reference at end of first paragraph of section 4.2.2.3 is wrong and/or
      misleading (bookmark problem).

   Table formatting - some tables have wide boxes, others narrow.

   Should we use jsdl: prefix in pseudoschema?

   Can drop choice from pseudoschema; we don't use it and it is a more
      controversial bit (googling around the topic of pseudoschema).

   Examples in 6.2 and 6.3 have surplus hyperlinks.

   Appendix 3 could do with more careful formatting. Possibly also change
      the appendix title to "Extended JSDL Example [Non-Normative]"

The big issue left now is getting the list of authors, contributors and
acknowledgements right. First off: what's the difference between an
author and a contributor? Second off: we probably ought to acknowledge
both Cadence and Xango for infrastructure support for our telecons.

Donal.