[jsdl-wg] JSDL specification and schema snapshots (draft 19)

Andrew Stephen McGough asm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri May 27 03:44:09 CDT 2005

I'd just like to thank Andreas for his excellent work on editing the
document. And Donal for picking up the pen and offering to do some more
work on it.

Cheers guys,

steve..

Donal K. Fellows wrote:

> Andreas Savva wrote:
>
>> I have uploaded a new snapshot of the JSDL specification and schemas
>> to gridforge. There are too many changes to mention. (Some were the
>> result of side-discussions in parallel with the OGSA f2f. Thanks
>> Chris, Darren, Donal, Michel and Steve.)
>>
>> The MS word file is change tracked. The pdf file is 'clean' and is
>> intended for submission to meet the GGF14 deadline.
>>
>> We'll be moving to clean up and hopefully submit to the GGF Editor
>> over the next 1-2 weeks.
>

> Cool. Now it's nit-pick time. :^)
>
>   The formatting of the bulleted list in 3.2 is inconsistent with the
>      formatting of bulleted lists elsewhere in the document.
>
>   Reference at end of first paragraph of section 4.2.2.3 is wrong and/or
>      misleading (bookmark problem).
>
>   Table formatting - some tables have wide boxes, others narrow.
>
>   Should we use jsdl: prefix in pseudoschema?
>
>   Can drop choice from pseudoschema; we don't use it and it is a more
>      controversial bit (googling around the topic of pseudoschema).
>
>   Examples in 6.2 and 6.3 have surplus hyperlinks.
>
>   Appendix 3 could do with more careful formatting. Possibly also change
>      the appendix title to "Extended JSDL Example [Non-Normative]"
>
> The big issue left now is getting the list of authors, contributors and
> acknowledgements right. First off: what's the difference between an
> author and a contributor? Second off: we probably ought to acknowledge
> both Cadence and Xango for infrastructure support for our telecons.
>
> Donal.

Dr A. Stephen McGough                       http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~asm
Technical Coordinator, London e-Science Centre, Imperial College London,
Department of Computing, 180 Queen's Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
tel: +44 (0)207-594-8409                        fax: +44 (0)207-581-8024
Assistant Warden, West Wing, Beit Hall, Imperial College,
Prince Consort Road, London, SW7 2BB            tel: +44 (0)207-594-9910