[jsdl-wg] GGF 13 notes and further discussion

Ali Anjomshoaa ali at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 03:30:24 CST 2005

Hi Karl, Donal,

I think that the 'optional' vs. 'mandatory' attribute mark-up could work
for JSDL. However, we decided a long time ago that all specified
attributes in a JSDL doc MUST be satisfied, i.e. that there are NO
attributes that a system MAY consider optional in a job description.

I think we should perhaps reconsider this position. However, I also think
that this is something that we can leave for a post-v1.0 version of the
spec. It doesn't strike me as something that will break version 1.0
backward compatibility if introduced at a later stage.

So, I would vote to postpone this issue until after v1.0 has been released
and any bugs on that version are fixed.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers and take care,

Ali

--

        Ali Anjomshoaa
        Mayfield Road                   E-mail: ali at epcc.ed.ac.uk
        Edinburgh EH9 3JZ               Phone:  + 44 (0) 131 651 3388
        United Kingdom                  Fax:    + 44 (0) 131 650 6555