[jsdl-wg] GGF 13 notes and further discussion

Christopher Smith csmith at platform.com
Wed Mar 30 12:13:16 CST 2005

Given that JSDL is defining an ontology of terms so that we can all
understand what is meant by "command line" or "file transfer", isn't the
determination of mandatory or optional a bit out of scope? I can easily see
a system based on negotiation where the two parties agree on which terms are
consumable by the end system, so you can get this behaviour that way.

I guess I just worry that the user of JSDL's expectations for a particular
job submission behaviour are met. Wouldn't it be nice to know if a
particular attribute is rejected or not? This seems to me to be part of the
submission protocol layer.

-- Chris