[jsdl-wg] XSD Schema - latest - schema design issues

Yuri Demchenko demch at science.uva.nl
Wed Mar 16 01:57:08 CST 2005

William Lee wrote:
> I agree with Karl's suggestion that URIs would be a better
> representation to name items in an extensible set of 'things'. Although
> QNames would be fine for things that are unlikely to be changed or
> represent in other means, such as "frequency". However OperatingSystem
> and the like are clearly extensible. Use of URI is much closer to ways
> things are named in other metadata framework, such as RDF.
>
> If URI is used, we just have to clearly enumerate the normative list in
> the spec. rather than buried inside the XSD schema.

Please, consider also another form of URI - non-URL type (e.g., like
used by OASIS in SAML/XACML specifications)

http://www.ggf.org/namespaces/2005/03/comparison/equalTo

can be also

urn:ggf:names:JSDL:0.9:operation:function:equel-to

BTW, about functions and operations you can actually import XPath and
XMath enumerated types.

REgards,

Yuri