[jsdl-wg] XSD Schema - latest - schema design issues

William Lee wwhl at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Mar 15 22:29:10 CST 2005

I agree with Karl's suggestion that URIs would be a better
representation to name items in an extensible set of 'things'. Although
QNames would be fine for things that are unlikely to be changed or
represent in other means, such as "frequency". However OperatingSystem
and the like are clearly extensible. Use of URI is much closer to ways
things are named in other metadata framework, such as RDF.

If URI is used, we just have to clearly enumerate the normative list in
the spec. rather than buried inside the XSD schema.

William

--- William Lee @  London e-Science Centre, Imperial College London --