[GGF-ipv6-wg] Re: Final edits: [ggf-editor | Submit GGF Draft - 982] Survey of IPv4 Dependencies in Global Gri (fwd)

Piers O'Hanlon P.OHanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 10:05:51 CST 2004

Hi,

> I will try to update the document by tomorrow, given that I hope this is the
> final cut.

Great - yes I hope so too!

> Comments inline, please respond as soon as possible:
>

> - - 2.2.1: could you put an example of correct usage for http://example.com
> or similar?  Ditto for 2.4.2.
>

> [RS] In  both sections, the example provided is a quotation from the
> specification. So I do not think it is appropriate this.

I agree it seems a bit unnecessary but to wrap it up you could just simply add an example (using the documentation prefix 2001:0DB8::/32) RFC2732 compliant IPv6 literal URI for each section.

> - - Section 6: See my comment about security considerations for tracker 981.
> Might the same apply here?  Is there a risk from improper specification of
> use of IP versions?
>
> [RS] Need info on this tracker. How can I get it?

Yes these tracker numbers are a bit cryptic - It's the guidelines doc - here's the tracker they're referring to:
https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=414&aid=981&group_id=90

> Shall I send you the final document , and you upload it?

It should be fine for you to upload - using your Gridforge account - if there's any problems just send it to me and I can upload it.

Thanks,

Piers.

> Rute

-------