[INFOD-WG] Minutes - INFOD conference call, Thursday, June 28 2007

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 29 03:54:17 CDT 2007

> 	*	The 'DISABLE NEW' support will remain and is
> considered to be useful. A possible implementation is to add
> a VALID-FROM and a VALID-TO field to (all?) registry elements
> and have a STILL-VALID and a TIME-OVERLAP check when
> constraints are evaluated

I don't understand this. It says in the spec "There is an optional flag
which can be set to "DISABLE NEW REFERENCES" which results in the entry
being dropped when the last reference to the entry has been removed"

The entry is fully visible to anybody currently using it and remains
valid forever and fully functional as long as somebody has a reference
to it.

Steve