[INFOD-WG] More on ExecutionMode for DROP

Dieter Gawlick dieter.gawlick at oracle.com
Mon Jul 16 19:38:11 CDT 2007

The reference implementation shows that we have to clarify the
ExecutionMode in DROP.:

Lets us assume that the request is to DROP an entry we some property
instances referencing this entry. We should drop that entry and all the
property instances referencing it in all cases - otherwise the drop
logic is somewhat strange.

"DISABLE NEW' would ignore this entry, it is in the solution set of the
newly defined constraint; it remains in the solution set of existing
constraints.

"CASCADE" is not needed any longer, we just remove the entry.

This makes the implementation much easier

Dieter
--

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Dieter Gawlick | Architect | 650.506.8706