[INFOD-WG] More on ExecutionMode for DROP

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 09:49:59 CDT 2007

I still find this whole argument totally unconvincing. Even if we want
to we cannot make such a change to the spec as it is not just a
clarification but a real change and would require a new document.

DISABLE NEW simple marks the record in the database as disabled and it
is then no longer available to anybody to add to reference from a new
database record - however anybody with a reference to it via the EPR
can continue to use it. We should of course be careful in the
implementation with any tempoarray implelemntaion tables that they do
not attempt to violate this

Steve