[INFOD-WG] Property constraints example

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 6 04:33:49 CDT 2007

Dieter,

I have started going through the use cases - in particular trying to
understand how to handle "disable new".

I find there is no example of a property constraint in the first use
case. The first examples I see are on page 34 where we have: for the Car
Dealer

<infod:PropertyConstraint>
     Car_Buyer (Distance < 30 miles) and CR > 4)
</infod:PropertyConstraint>

On page 35 in Registration of Car Buyer as Consumer we have:

<infod:PropertyConstraint>
     Car_Dealer (Dealer: Years in business > 10 years, BBB rating > 3,
Service rating > 10) </infod:PropertyConstraint>

On page 36 in Car Buyer adds Subscription we have:

<infod:PropertyConstraint>
     Distance (CarCommunityDealerVocabEPR.Location,

http://www.carcommunity.com/CCInfoDRegistry/CarBuyerr/Susan_Maria_Callas
) < 25
</infod:PropertyConstraint>

With the first two, how is the system expected to know what a Car_Buyer
and Car_Dealer is. Surely we need the EPR of a property vocabulary
somewhere - then we have the explicit dependency upon the property
vocabulary.

For the last one - where is the function distance defined, how does the
URL return coordinates and in what frame and units?

Steve