[infod-wg] Telcon Minutes 5 May 2005

Chris Kantarjiev chris.kantarjiev at oracle.com
Thu May 5 16:27:14 CDT 2005

Attending: Diete, Steve, Cecile, Arjun, Abdeslem, Chris (minutes)

Oxford meeting will really be mostly about the feedback loop between
spec and use cases...

Cecile talked a bit about the latest version of section 1/2/3, which has
been published (as a new document in Current Drafts) on gridforge. The effort is
to align artifacts and roles, and clear up the distinctions and likely
interfaces that are required for each.

Steve had some questions:

- shouldn't we be splitting the document into three?
         ... well, probably yes. But we haven't done any work yet
         to split into separate conformance levels. We will
         discuss, next week, how to split the spec apart.
         It may be useful if our base level will support file replication,
         as is being discussed by the OGSA Data group.

- should we adopt and switch to WS-RF terminology?
         ... we should be leveraging it, if it solves our problems. But
         it might mean that we end up trying to build on top of
         or align with WS-BaseNotification, because it is part
         of the OGSA Basic Profile. Abdeslem will try to bring us
         up to speed on the Basic Profile next week.

- figure 1 is still confusing in what it means.
         ... Steve will come up with a better diagram.

- how will vocabulary management be spread across the various
   conformance levels?
         ... Dieter will come up with a proposal.

- there is some confusion about the requirements and their numbers
   in the latest doc. They should be the same because they're being
   linked to the use case doc. Abdeslem will doublecheck.