[infod-wg] Minutes from 4 August conference call

Cecile Madsen madsen at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 4 12:06:47 CDT 2005

Attendees: Dieter, Steve, Abdeslem, Namit, Vijay, Susan, Cecile
Apologies: Shailendra

Minutes

Overview of specs v7 draft:

- terminology change to section 1, major changes to sections 2 and 3
- terminology change: publication_type to more general user data vocabulary
- objects now refer to entities, vocabularies or associations
- entities refer to publisher, consumer, subscription, dissemination
- vocabularies have different types (infod-specific, user data, user
properties)
- associations also have types: one to associate vocabulary to entity, the
other to
  associate entity to entity
- POBox is a simple disseminator

Issues/Actions Addressed:

- fyi: last week, we went over issue 26:
  ie expose all (?) properties of object as resource properties ?
  use 1 interface (thus 1 resource properties doc)
  read/write authority: should we rely on policies ? still open issue

- today, we went over all open issues with no dates and provided
  dates for them (except a few that were not clear anymore);
  also went over action items with current target date. Closed a few.

- both documents (unresolved issues, current actions) updated
  by Steve -

TO-DOs by next conf call:

- review infod specs draft v7 - provide comments in mailing list

Next Conf Call:

8AM PST Aug 11  (separate invite note will be sent for call info and
agenda)

The INFOD team