[gsa-rg] Update

Ramin Yahyapour ramin.yahyapour at udo.edu
Wed Jan 11 14:48:28 CST 2006

>> As the GFSG requested a quick response on these things, I already
>> made some minor updates to the milestones.
> Sorry, I seem to have something misunderstood. I thought that the milestones imply some
> changes to the charter and I have seen the task manager as a tool to define and follow
> different tasks. I did not recognise that the milestones are a category at the task manager.
> I think that I therefore have to make another task category which will hold tasks like 65
> and 66 which are not milestones itself. Does this sound reasonable.

There are several things to distinguish:
The point is that it is tried to get a global view on the GGF
roadmap in terms of standards and documents.
Currently, it is very difficult to see what is in the works
right now and what milestones are upcoming.
The request by Joel Repogle to group chairs was mainly to fill a
new kind of milestone/group database. The global picture of GGF activities.
This does not necessarily imply to change anything to the current
roadmap of groups.
However, this is obviously a very good occasion to update
the actual group roadmap.

The tasks in GridForge are a tool to keep track of our
activities. Here, we can have an arbitrary number of items
to facilitate our group work. However, major activities and milestones
should be "tasks" in GridForge too. That is at least my understanding.

Did this clarify anything?

Ramin

Dr.-Ing. Ramin Yahyapour         | mailto:Ramin.Yahyapour at uni-dortmund.de
Computer Engineering Institute   | phone: (+49) 0231/755-2735
University of Dortmund           | mobil: (+49) 0179/5261973
44221 Dortmund / Germany         | fax:   (+49) 0231/755-3251