[gridrpc-wg] client code for testing interoperability

Eddy Caron Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
Thu Jun 15 09:38:49 CDT 2006

Dear all,

	We working on standard-test.c to check the interoperability of Grid-
RPC client given by Hidemoto Nakada. My first question is about the
GRPC_ERROR code ?

In NetSolve 2.0 we can find the following definition :

#define GRPCERR_NOERROR                  0
#define GRPCERR_NOT_INITIALIZED          1
#define GRPCERR_SERVER_NOT_FOUND         2
#define GRPCERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED       3
#define GRPCERR_NO_SUCH_FUNCTION         4
#define GRPCERR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED    5
#define GRPCERR_RPC_REFUSED              6
#define GRPCERR_COMMUNICATION_FAILED     7
#define GRPCERR_PROTOCOL_ERROR           8
#define GRPCERR_CLIENT_INTERNAL_ERROR    9
#define GRPCERR_SERVER_INTERNAL_ERROR   10
#define GRPCERR_EXECUTABLE_INOPERATIVE  11
#define GRPCERR_SIGNAL_CAUGHT           12
#define GRPCERR_UNKNOWN_ERROR           13

But in the standard-test.c (I don't have grpc.h source code)  I can
read another error code

GRPC_NO_ERROR (another syntax)
GRPC_ALREADY_INITIALIZED (new error message)
GRPC_NOT_INITIALIZED (another syntax)
GRPC_INVALID_SESSION_ID (new error message)
GRPC_NOT_COMPLETED (new error message)
GRPC_NONE_COMPLETED (new error message)
and so on...

In the paper "The End-User and Middleware APIs for GridRPC. K.
Seymour, C. Lee, F. Desprez, H. Nakada and Y. Tanaka" we have another
yet error code. For example, code given page 5 with GRPC_OK and
GRPC_ERROR

Please, let me know where can I found the last and correct list of
numeric error code of GRPC message or at least the list of error string.

It should be interesting to add the list of error string into the
Interoperability Testing for The GridRPC API Specification ? The
grpc_error_string function should return the error description string
given a numeric error code.

Eddy

Le 7 juin 06 à 08:03, Yusuke Tanimura a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
>> Yusuke provided us client source code to test the interoperability.
>> it is now on the forge at the following URL.
>>
>> https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/gridrpc-wg/document/
>> Interoperability_Test_client_code_0.1/en/2
>>
>> He will also upload the revised document soon.
>> We will wait for 2 weeks for comments and will submit it to the
>> committee.
>
> I am not sure when the upgrade of GGF's Gridforge will be completed.
> So, I will attach the revised document for the interoperability
> test to this email,
> to save our time.  After the upgrade, I will put the document on
> the repository
> and if the URL of the code changes, I will modify the document, too.
>
> Any comments for the document will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

> Yusuke Tanimura <yusuke.tanimura at aist.go.jp>
> Grid Technology Research Center, National Institute of AIST
> 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba Central 2
> Tsukuba City 305-8568, Japan
> TEL: +81-29-862-6703  / FAX: +81-29-862-6601
> <gridrpc-interoperability-0604.rtf>

Eddy Caron. Mcf ENS Lyon
ENS Lyon - LIP - Projet GRAAL
46 Allee d'Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
E-Mail : Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
[ Tel : 04.72.72.84.96 ][ Web page : http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~ecaron ]