[graap-wg] updated draft - misc comments

Jon MacLaren maclaren at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Apr 4 15:55:46 CDT 2005

Hi Karl,

Some miscellaneous comments on the revised spec.  Comments on symmetry
and signed agreements to follow.  (I may listen in on the telecon, but
I am aware that this will not get round to people in time to be widely
read before it happens.)

S1.1.1 - P6 - Composability with negotiation models.  I never
understood this either.  How would you  "base" a negotiation protocol
which required some sort of lengthy interaction on WS-Agreement?  I
wondered if this just meant that the document format would be used, and
that a different, unrelated messaging protocol would be used.  I'd love
to see an example of what this means.

S2.1 P8.  I think you could greatly simplify this example by rewriting
it to reflect the explanation on the list, i.e. that WS-Agreement can
be used as a successor to GRAM, carrying a job description as a
payload.  The example as currently written has a lot of detail, and is
unclear.

S3 - P10, 11  Leaving symmetry to one side, I agree with the comments.
I think perhaps the whole of S3 could be re-written, and greatly
simplified in the process.  There are sections, like the one you
suggest might be out-of-scope, which can be removed.

Jon.