[graap-wg] updated draft - composability

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Tue Apr 5 05:32:22 CDT 2005

On Apr 04, Jon MacLaren loaded a tape reading:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Some miscellaneous comments on the revised spec.  Comments on symmetry
> and signed agreements to follow.  (I may listen in on the telecon, but
> I am aware that this will not get round to people in time to be widely
> read before it happens.)
>
> S1.1.1 - P6 - Composability with negotiation models.  I never
> understood this either.  How would you  "base" a negotiation protocol
> which required some sort of lengthy interaction on WS-Agreement?  I
> wondered if this just meant that the document format would be used, and
> that a different, unrelated messaging protocol would be used.  I'd love
> to see an example of what this means.

I think that is right, at least in the sense that the AgreementFactory
messages would not come into play. I do think that an Agreement could
appear (or disappear) as a result of this external protocol, so that
introspection based on WS-Agreement could happen.  Whether this makes
sense or not would require a judgement call that is hard to make in
the abstract...

karl

--
Karl Czajkowski