[graap-wg] updated draft

Toshiyuki Nakata nakata at mtg.biglobe.ne.jp
Sun Apr 3 01:38:35 CST 2005

Hello:

Karl Czajkowski wrote:
> Jim has kindly posted version 12 of the draft, including comments and
> revisions by me. The comments emphasize my concerns about the existing
> presentation and content of some sections.
>
> The revisions attempt to add the extensibility needed for Jon's
> signature problem (without actually defining any signature-related
> syntax) and the "async" interfaces.  I also removed the Terminate
> operation.

While I do agree that the lifecycle of a generic service agreement could
last much longer than the service itself,
I am a bit uncomfortable with Agreement as defined in the WS-Agreement
would last much longer after the service itself has terminated
because of resource problems (like a malloc without explicit free-ing (I
am afraid I am used to c-style rather than java style programming..)

Would it be possible to specify terminate/expiration of Agreement after
the service has finished and leave the rest of the SLA / accounting etc
problems to logging services?

Best Regards
Toshi

--