[glue-wg] ATLAS, GLUE and JSON

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Fri Oct 14 15:16:45 EDT 2016

Hi JP,

On 14/10/16 20:40, Navarro, JP wrote:
> As you know, XSEDE has a partial implementation of GLUE2-JSON in
> production. Our source code is available in GIT at:
> https://github.com/ericblau/ipf-xsede/

Great, thanks for the link.

> Step 1, IMO, is for ATLAS to look at the GLUE2 data model and figure out
> how the information in their JSON file maps on to the GLUE2 reference
> model.  Many GLUE2-WG members can help with that if they can’t do it on
> their own.

My reading of the situation is that they don't want to read all of GLUE2
and GLUE2-JSON binding documents and try to understand it all to
evaluate whether GLUE2-JSON makes sense for them.

Instead, I believe they want to use us as consultants; in particular,
they want some concrete GLUE2-JSON examples to look at.  Something like
a template they can use.

The pre-GDB link includes some examples in their proprietary format:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/394833/#3-resource-reporting-proposal

Can we describe this information in GLUE2-JSON?

> Step 2 would then be to look at existing implementations, such as
> XSEDE’s, and decide whether to extend that implementation with the
> information they want, or to develop something new.  XSEDE is available
> to discuss what it would take to add specific types of information if
> they can identify what those are.

Yes, I explained (or tried to explain) that XSEDE's existing code-base
might or might not be useful for them.

> Perhaps they could share documentation and examples on those files for
> others to help with the above steps?

Examples of their proprietary format are available from within
Alessandro's Pre-GDB presentation.

Cheers,

Paul.