[glue-wg] ATLAS, GLUE and JSON

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Fri Oct 14 14:23:44 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Just to clarify what's happening here: ATLAS has decided to do storage
accounting by requiring sites/storage to have a JSON file written a
well-known location.  This is not under discussion.

They have formulated a custom/proprietary JSON format that includes all
the information they want to know.

The proposed mechanism and JSON file format has been presented in the
September pre-GDB:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/394833/#3-resource-reporting-proposal

I suggested they consider GLUE2-JSON instead.  To do consider
GLUE2-JSON, they need:

   1.  some people with which they can discuss any issues,

   2.  example JSON files that provide complete examples.

I suggest we tackle 1. first and look at 2. as an outcome of the people
in 1.

So, simple question to everyone in this group:

	Who wishes to help ATLAS evaluate GLUE2-JSON?

Cheers,

Paul.