[glue-wg] OSG dropping GLUE?

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Tue May 12 05:41:29 EDT 2015

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply; some thoughts inline...

On 12/05/15 09:36, Maria Alandes Pradillo wrote:
> We have the MW Officer in WLCG who is responsible for maintaining the
> MW baseline publishing what MW versions sys admins should be
> deploying at their sites. We can also advertise this type of
> information in our Operations meetings.

Sure.  The base-line version was already updated:

https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/LCG/WLCGBaselineVersions#table1

but I'll drop Andrea a reminder email.

> Anyway, it´s indeed a pity that the contact email of a site is not
> properly published in the BDII, but I think we need to choose the
> battles where we want to fight, and especially knowing now that US
> CMS has plans to get rid of any dependency on the BDII, I´m
> personally not going to spend any effort to get those fixed.

To be honest, I didn't expect to have to fight OSG to fix published
information -- to justify why publishing wrong information is bad and
that it should be fixed.

On the positive side, one of the tickets has been passed on from the
site to OSG software team --- so the problem may still be fixed.

Cheers,

Paul.