[glue-wg] New version of GLUE 2.1 draft

david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 06:41:54 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Regarding SLAs:  I support Paul's suggestion to sub-class Policy to derive a new 'SLA/availability' entity that can be liked to a Service Endpoint (e.g. 'SLAPolicy' - call it whatever).  Linking the SE to one or more of these instances could reflect various SLA/availability/pricing levels, e.g. 'Gold, Silver and Bronze'.

Defining a new Policy sub-class is 100% backward compatible with the existing renderings. Also, this requirement is not limited to Cloud services. For example, EGI are currently investigating the concept of a service registry/marketplace[1][2] for its services.  Since this type of info is largely static, tools such as the GOCDB could use this approach to input/publish this info rather than using the current pilot 'P4U_*' extension properties (P4U = Pay4Use).  Any thoughts/comments from the group before the conf next week would be v.useful.

Thanks,
David

[1] https://indico.egi.eu/indico/contributionDisplay.py?sessionId=10&contribId=40&confId=2160
[2] https://indico.egi.eu/indico/contributionDisplay.py?sessionId=10&contribId=43&confId=2160