[glue-wg] GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Navarro, John-Paul F. navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 10 08:02:09 EST 2014

Greetings GLUE WG,

Our next GLUE WG teleconference will be:
: Tuesday, November 11, 2014
: 15:30-17:00 Central Europe, 8:30-10:00 AM US Central

We will try this teleconference and screen sharing tool:
: Web: https://meet.illinois.edu/herrio/V57YV10Q
:  --> Cancel login dialog, click guest "Sign in here instead", enter name, click "Join the meeting"
: Phone: 1-888-983-3631, International 1-217-332-6338 or 1-312-994-8410
: Conference ID: 6759150

As a fall back we also have:
: Web: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/ogf-glue-wg/ (Adobe Connect)
: Login as Guest using your real name

Meeting materials folder:
: http://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6588

Proposed agenda:

1) LDAP rendering: assess final wg comments and votes and perhaps forward for public comment
Previous:
> ACTION 1: JP/Shiraz will call for a working group e-mail vote by July 25 to release LDAP rendering document for public comment. Changes should be submitted as change tracked word updates.
> NOTE: Given that the call for vote will not go out till July 23, WG chairs will extend the vote thru July 31st.
Discuss status.

2) Enumerations: approve enumerations process document
Previous:
> We discussed managing separate enumeration files for each enumeration and distributing a shell script to download and concatenate all of them. This will eliminate the overhead of having to maintained a merged file.
> Andrew (BES/JSDL) will submit some requested enumerations. Will also submit a request for a new enumeration type coprocessor that we will probably want to include in GlUE 2.1. He wants us to figure out what entity it belongs in within the abstract information model.
> Discussed requesting for volunteers thru e-mail list to work on missing enumerations.

3) Cloud Extensions: compare benefits and disadvantages of both approaches
Previous:
> ACTION 1: Shiraz/JP will call for an e-mail vote on using GLUE 2.1 for interoperable clouds.
> ACTION 2: Salvatore will include new Horizon 2020 requirements in the draft 2.1 specification.
> ACTION 3: Salvatore will call for an e-mail vote to approve GLUE 2.1 for release for public comment, and request for non-disruptive additions/corrections to be applied before releasing for public comment.
> We plan to release GLUE 2.1 with cloud support for public comment around December and (possible) OGF 43 in London.
> Discussed whether XSEDE produce a 2.0 community profile? Opinions: fine either way. Perhaps a community practice isn't necessary if XSEDE's implementation is public (which it will be).
Discuss status.

4) JSON: continue rendering discussions, discuss next steps.
Previous:
> ACTION 1: Warren will cleanup document and schema (including dates) and send draft to working group for review and e-mail vote on releasing for public comment.
> If working group approves release for public comment:
> ACTION 2: Shiraz will export draft to word, enable change tracking, and apply OGF formatting for release for public comment. Public comment announcement will include details of existing and planned implementations.
> Discussed creating a wiki page with implementor details pointing to github, mentioning relevant tools, and other guidelines to help implementors.
> Agreed to publish to schema.ogf.org, for example: http://schemas.ogf.org/glue/2013/05/spec_2.0_r1/Activity.json
> The schema path date will be the month of release for public comment.
> In appendix where JSON schema documents are included, precede each schema document with the URL to the above schema.ogf.org publishing location.

5) Future meetings
In 2 weeks?
December 12 morning in London

Regards,