[glue-wg] GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Mon Nov 10 09:27:20 EST 2014

Hi JP,

On 10/11/14 14:02, Navarro, John-Paul F. wrote:
> We will try this teleconference and screen sharing tool:
> : Web: https://meet.illinois.edu/herrio/V57YV10Q
> :  --> Cancel login dialog, click guest "Sign in here instead", enter name, click "Join the meeting"
> : Phone: 1-888-983-3631, International 1-217-332-6338 or 1-312-994-8410
> : Conference ID: 6759150

I tried this and found I could connect, but not participate :-/

The problem is that getting audio support requires installing a client
and (seemingly) Microsoft isn't supporting Linux desktops.  In any case,
even the download isn't working for me.

I tried with wine, but found the client doesn't install correctly with
the current stable version.  I'll have a go with the development branch,
but currently this rules me out using the above option.

> As a fall back we also have:
> : Web: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/ogf-glue-wg/ (Adobe Connect)
> : Login as Guest using your real name

I use Adobe Connect on a regular basis (but not DFN's), so usually this
would be an option.

When testing, I find this link is freezing after it shows the "ADOBE®
CONNECT™ Connecting..."

Can anyone else get this to work?

Cheers,

Paul.