[glue-wg] Call for VOTE: OGF GLUE2 Enumerations procedures and best practices

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Jun 17 05:23:39 EDT 2014

Thanks for the quick reply!  Comments/replies inlined below.

Cheers, Andre.

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Florido Paganelli
<florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se> wrote:

>>   - page 4: 'organization_name' and 'interface_name' are MANDATORY,
>> but '<organization_name>.<interface_name>' is 'RECOMMENDED'.  Are
>> there real alternatives to the latter or should that be a 'MUST' ?
>
> See previous comment. It also says MANDATORY for NEW names. Maybe I
> should stress the NEW?

Ah, I overlooked the 'new'.  The statements are correct then IMHO.
But yes, emphasizing may make it clearer.

>>   - page 5: 'org.ogf.glue.* SHOULD be used if there are issues with
>> domain names..' - I am not sure what that means.  What issues?
>
> for example a domain name is bought by somebody else who is alien to the
> initial project. Or simply the domain name does not exist.
>
> I just received a request today with domain names that exist but are
> totally unrelated to the described services.
>
> Listing all the issues would not make sense. Is it a bit clearer now? Do
> you have better suggestions for rephrasing it?

Maybe instead 'if there are issues' use something like 'if a domain
name does not exist or is not applicable'?  Either way though, thanks
for the clarification, makes sense.

Thanks, Andre.

> Regards,
> Florido
>

>> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Navarro, John-Paul F.
>> <navarro at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>> GLUE WG:
>>>
>>> From our last GLUE WG teleconference June 3, 2014:
>>>
>>> We will be taking a formal vote tomorrow, June 17, to accept the "OGF GLUE2 Enumerations procedures and best practices" as our practice.
>>>
>>> Please review the document here:
>>>  odt: https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/13260?download=
>>>  pdf: https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/13261?download=
>>>
>>> If you have opinion on this best practices document please reply with:
>>>
>>> APPROVE - if you support this best practice
>>> DISAPPROVE - if you object, please clearly summarize your objections so that we can discuss them
>>>
>>> If you approve but have suggested please reply with your approval and list your suggestions.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> JP
>>

> --
>  Florido Paganelli
>    ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
>    System Administrator
>  Lund University
>  Department of Physics
>  Division of Particle Physics
>  BOX118
>  221 00 Lund
>  Office Location: Fysikum, Hus B, Rum B313
>  Office Tel: 046-2220272
>  Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
>  Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli

It was a sad and disappointing day when I discovered that my Universal
Remote Control did not, in fact, control the Universe.  (Not even
remotely.)