[glue-wg] Call for VOTE: OGF GLUE2 Enumerations procedures and best practices

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Jun 17 04:25:43 EDT 2014

Dear Glue WG,

below are some comments to the document.

Best, Andre.

  - page 3:  Exisiting -> Existing
  - page 3:  'organization_name' is marked as RECOMMENDED (not MUST),
but later on is part of the 'minimum requirement' -- that seems to be
a contradiction?
  - page 4: 'should be RECOMMENDED' -> 'is RECOMMENDED'
  - page 4: 'organization_name' and 'interface_name' are MANDATORY,
but '<organization_name>.<interface_name>' is 'RECOMMENDED'.  Are
there real alternatives to the latter or should that be a 'MUST' ?
  - page 5: 'org.ogf.glue.* SHOULD be used if there are issues with
domain names..' - I am not sure what that means.  What issues?  Also,
there are two points at the end of sentence.
  - 'If a project ends and the product has an orphaned reverse domain
name, the name can be kept.' - this reads like the orphaned name is
the one to be kept -- is that correct?
  - line 119: should -> SHOULD
  - line 128: should not -> SHOULD NOT ;  bu -> by
  - line 130: RECOMMENDED NOT -> NOT RECOMMENDED
  - line 133: cannot be -> MUST NOT be
  - line 149:  'If the values are accepted, the Status field SHOULD
contain Recommended.' -> isn't that a MUST?  If not, what other value
could it be?
  - line 151: 'As soon as possible' -> might want to replace with 'at
the next group meeting or call'?  ASAP does not mean much ;)
  - a few documents are referenced in the text, but proper
references/links are at the end of the document are missing.

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Navarro, John-Paul F.
<navarro at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> GLUE WG:
>
> From our last GLUE WG teleconference June 3, 2014:
>> Action 2: GLUE WG to review Florido's revised Enumerations document
>> Action 2: At the next GLUE WG call we will vote on the updated document
>
> We will be taking a formal vote tomorrow, June 17, to accept the "OGF GLUE2 Enumerations procedures and best practices" as our practice.
>
> Please review the document here:
>  odt: https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/13260?download=
>  pdf: https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/13261?download=
>
> If you have opinion on this best practices document please reply with:
>
> APPROVE - if you support this best practice
> DISAPPROVE - if you object, please clearly summarize your objections so that we can discuss them
>
> If you approve but have suggested please reply with your approval and list your suggestions.
>
> Regards,
>
> JP

It was a sad and disappointing day when I discovered that my Universal
Remote Control did not, in fact, control the Universe.  (Not even
remotely.)