[glue-wg] No audio

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 26 10:35:31 EDT 2013

On Sep 26, 2013, at 7:32 AM, Florido Paganelli <florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se> wrote:

> I just think that it was a good idea, and some implementations that we
> nowadays have rely on that, so I don't manage to understand why it
> sounds that we want to *remove* it if it had been used.

Again.  To "Rely on (DIT)" does NOT mean it's necessary in the rendering specification.

Can you answer these questions?

1) could different federation adopt our GLUE2 LDAP rendering specification with different DITs where users can discover information across federations (two separate LDAP queries)?

2) could these federations cross-aggregate their LDAP information given different DITs?  I assume they would need to know each other's DITs to know injection points (one perspective is that this is an operational issue and not a LDAP specification issue).

JP