[glue-wg] No audio

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Thu Sep 26 07:32:15 EDT 2013

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the (repeated) clarification.

On 2013-09-26 12:58, stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On
>> Behalf Of Florido Paganelli said: Ehr, yes, that was my question.
>> Why was it part of the LDAP spec at all? It had always been there.
>>
>> I guess nobody can really answer this question.
>
> I can of course answer it, and have done repeatedly: it was a
> SUGGESTION. At the time the document was written we had no
> implementations, so it seemed useful to give some guidance on how
> someone could (not must) structure the tree. Now we have many
> implementations and the idea of a non-binding example seems to be
> regarded as incomprehensible, at least by you, so probably it should
> be removed to avoid any confusion.

I just think that it was a good idea, and some implementations that we
nowadays have rely on that, so I don't manage to understand why it
sounds that we want to *remove* it if it had been used.

Whether it had been used succesfully or not, might be a matter of interest.

But some members of the group sees the above as a matter of good
practices and not realization specification. I am just trying to reason
about the facts so we finalize this document. Sorry for being pedantic.

Cheers,
Florido
 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - NorduGrid Collaboration
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli